PALO ALTO, Calif. — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today announced that companies worldwide are embracing its powerful end-to-end network and total spend management, cloud-based solutions.
These solutions support business leaders who understand that collaboration and the ability to share data across organizational boundaries is nonnegotiable. In the third quarter of 2018, SAP’s cloud revenue surged 41 percent (non-IFRS, at constant currencies) and new cloud bookings grew 37 percent (at constant currencies) year-over-year.
Data Delivers Intelligence to Move Businesses Forward
Enabling real-time decision-making and having an intense focus on profitability and long-term growth are prerequisites for successful global business leaders. With this in mind, companies worldwide are adopting cloud solutions from SAP for end-to-end network and spend management to extract valuable information to accelerate the journey to becoming intelligent enterprises. For example, in the third quarter of 2018:
- KIO Networks, an IT consulting and service company with more than 15 years in the Mexican market, moved to the cloud portfolio from SAP to become an intelligent enterprise. The company, with 38 data centers in Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe, adopted SAP Ariba, SAP Concur and SAP Fieldglass solutions to increase efficiency in travel budget management, streamline its procurement processes, improve relationships with vendors and automate the administration of external workers. All of this was done with the main objective of quoting projects faster for a speedier rate of contribution to KIO’s customers.
- Delivery Hero SE, based in Germany, is a fast-growing leader in online and mobile food ordering. Currently operating in 40+ countries with more than one million orders per day, it chose SAP S/4HANA Cloud, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP Ariba and SAP Concur solutions to help scale growth. “We manage 28 brands around the world to drive rapid growth,” said Johannes Langguth, senior director, Finance Systems at Delivery Hero. “We chose SAP’s cloud solutions over others because they give us the ability to assess our total spend across the entire business and access to the right data, at the right time allowing real-time decisions. The relationship with SAP is critical to our ongoing success.”
- iLoLay, an Argentinean dairy company that exports to more than 30 countries, is becoming an intelligent enterprise with the support of SAP solutions. The company, which processes over 500 million liters of milk a year, chose SAP S/4HANA, SAP Ariba and SAP SuccessFactors solutions, among others, to boost its digital transformation road map, retain and foster employees, improve procurement processes and support its growth plan.
- Grupo Energía Bogotá (GEB), the Latin American multinational leader in the electric power and natural gas sector, continues to shape its digital transformation process with the addition of cloud solutions from SAP. The company, with operations in Colombia, Peru, Guatemala and Brazil, adopted SAP Ariba solutions to optimize the outsourcing process, have better visibility of contract management and have full control of strategic purchases. With SAP Concur solutions, GEB will be able to have the control, management and visibility of all travel expenses of the companies within the group and within its subsidiaries. Likewise, the 120-year-old company will be able to expand its capacity through SAP Cloud Platform to continue implementing its corporate strategic plan on a single data and cloud commercial platform.
“Business decisions that used to be made over the course of a year or more now need to be made in months or weeks,” said Robert Enslin, president of the Cloud Business Group and member of the Executive Board, SAP SE. “Staying ahead means having the systems and networks in place, inside and outside your company, to give you total visibility and control — and that’s what SAP delivers.”
Powerful Networks to Expand the Value of Data
With SAP Ariba, SAP Concur and SAP Fieldglass solutions, SAP delivers the most powerful networks with a best-in-class user experience across sourcing and supplier management, travel and expense, and workforce management.
- Ariba Network is the largest business-to-business network in the world with over 3.6 million connected companies in over 190 countries. On the network, more than US$2.28 trillion in commerce is conducted annually — more than three times that of eBay, Amazon and Alibaba combined.
- More than 258 million transactions were processed in SAP Concur solutions over the past four quarters, and the solutions integrate with over 180 partners to help clients manage tax regulations, compliance issues and more. Concur Travel is the only corporate travel solution with Airbnb listings embedded directly in the online booking tool. In addition, more than 7.5 million travelers have access to Concur TripLink.
- SAP Fieldglass solutions, comprising a cloud-based vendor management system, have been deployed in more than 180 countries, offer more integrations than any other supplier in the space and supported over 6.2 million external workers in the third quarter of 2018.
As the cloud company powered by SAP HANA, SAP is the market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and in all industries run at their best: 77% of the world’s transaction revenue touches an SAP system. Our machine learning, Internet of Things (IoT), and advanced analytics technologies help turn customers’ businesses into intelligent enterprises. SAP helps give people and organizations deep business insight and fosters collaboration that helps them stay ahead of their competition. We simplify technology for companies so they can consume our software the way they want – without disruption. Our end-to-end suite of applications and services enables more than 413,000 business and public customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and make a difference. With a global network of customers, partners, employees, and thought leaders, SAP helps the world run better and improve people’s lives. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Note to editors:
To preview and download broadcast-standard stock footage and press photos digitally, please visit www.sap.com/photos. On this platform, you can find high resolution material for your media channels. To view video stories on diverse topics, visit www.sap-tv.com. From this site, you can embed videos into your own Web pages, share video via email links, and subscribe to RSS feeds from SAP TV.
For customers interested in learning more about SAP products:
Global Customer Center: +49 180 534-34-24
United States Only: 1 (800) 872-1SAP (1-800-872-1727)
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2018 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see https://www.sap.com/copyright for additional trademark information and notices.
Source: SAP ERP News