SAP’s open online course provider, openSAP, recently received the Silver Award in the category “Best Corporate University – Corporate Responsibility” from the Global Council of Corporate Universities (CCU) at its bi-annual awards ceremony in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
The openSAP platform was originally established in 2013 to deliver free knowledge on SAP’s latest innovations as well as foundational digital skills to equip the SAP ecosystem and beyond with the knowledge needed to survive in the digital economy. To help the world run better and improve people’s lives, openSAP started working with the SAP Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team to provide knowledge that can help other companies do business sustainably and give back to the communities in which they’re present.
Over the years, SAP has worked on courses with CSR partners to provide knowledge on topics such as social enterprises, sustainability, volunteering, teaching coding to young people, and more. Past courses include the following:
- How Social Enterprises Enhance Corporate Supply Chains | Social Enterprise World Forum and Social Enterprise UK
- Climate Change, Risks, and Challenges (Short Track Version) | World Wide Fund for Nature
- Empathy in Motion: The Power of Employee Volunteering | Realized Worth
- Auch du kannst das. Deutsch für Asylbewerber. Ehrenamtlich | Der Paritätischen Wohlfahrtsverband
- Enabling Entrepreneurs to Shape a Better World | Global Entrepreneurship Summer School
- Africa Code Week: Teaching Programming to Young Learners | Africa Code Week/Galway Education Centre
We’re honored to receive this award and celebrate our achievements with our CSR colleagues and partners, without whom we couldn’t create these courses.
This achievement brings the award count for openSAP to seven since its 2013 launch. In 2015, openSAP received the Gold Award from the GlobalCCU for Best Innovative Corporate University. Check out this and other awards on the openSAP website.
Explore corporate social responsibility courses and access the video content to learn!
Bernd Welz is chief knowledge officer at SAP.
Source: SAP ERP News